How is November already over?! It feels like just yesterday I was getting ready for the start of sophomore year. Now it’s December and we’re less than a week away from the end of the semester, which means finals are just around the corner…..oh no. Anyway, I honestly didn’t think much happened this past month, but looking back, November was a lot more eventful than I thought! For the start of a new monthly installment on WHATSUPWITHCHU, here are the highlights of a pretty great month:
- My 20th birthday– I got to start off my November by turning twenty! On the down side, on my birthday I woke up feeling pretty sick and spent literally the whole day in bed. But on the bright side, the day before my birthday was spent in fellowship with my family. I got a Keurig as a gift which has been nothing but a lifesaver over and over again. I also got a ukulele! It’s such a fun instrument because it’s easy to learn and its sound never fails to put me in a good mood.
- Talking with the White House– It’s not every day you get to sit in on a conference call with the White House. Thanks to my presidential mentor, I got the opportunity to listen in on a conversation about affordable healthcare options for university students as part of a Get Covered America initiative. We were hoping we would hear from President Obama himself, but we didn’t because he was busy (and what’s more, this was only a few days after the presidential election)
- Church– We’re getting artsy at church! My friends and I are the official decorators of the kid’s ministry chalk wall. We’ll be going every few weeks to redo it. The first time around was tough, but I know it will only get easier and we’ll only get better!
- Love Does– I’m not exaggerating when I say this book has changed my life. Bob Goff’s wittiness and pursuit for a life fully lived changed the way I view life, God, and the world. If you haven’t read Love Does yet, I highly suggest doing so!
- Thanksgiving break– I went back home to celebrate Thanksgiving with my family. At the start of break, my brother and I hiked to the Jump Off. On Thanksgiving Day, our family feasted on an insane amount of American food, and ate an even insaner amount of Chinese food the next night. Basically, Thanksgiving break was great.
- Celebrating things– I finished the month by taking my Organic Chemistry lab final and going to our Honors College’s Christmas party. The Christmas party was fun for obvious reasons, and the lab final was surprisingly fun because we had it at Pancake Pantry.
(And yes, the pancakes were as good as they look.)
I hope your November was as great as mine was, and wishing you the best going into this month!