What a great start to a new year! If I can say anything, I can say that January has been the busiest, most hectic, at points most stressful, month I have had in a very long time. It has been a season of growth and intentionality which has kept life exciting. Without further ado, here’s some of these exciting things:
- Back to school: I kicked off the new semester at Belmont. This spring, I’m taking 17 credit hours composed of science, music, and Honors courses. I can genuinely say that I love all of them. That doesn’t happen often, so I am rejoicing in the fact that I wake up every morning actually excited to learn new things.
- An internship: On top of classes, I took on an internship at church! I heard about the opportunity back in December right before Christmas. I knew immediately it was something I wanted to get involved in despite my class schedule; but I also knew that if there’s any good time to try something new, it’s now! College is the time to experience new things, and what better new thing than a position within my church? I entered the internship with high expectations, and it has not disappointed me yet. I’ve been able to grow close to so many exceptional individuals, and I’ve already gotten the chance to complete some fun projects:
- 21 Days of Prayer: I’m not going to lie: in the past I haven’t been one to attend church events outside of the usual Sunday morning service, but I loved having the opportunity to attend nightly prayer and worship services at church as a part of 21 Days of Prayer! There’s so much power in a group of individuals gathering to talk to God. I can’t wait to see how God continues to move!
- Delivery: I was in the debut of an original musical! Not as an actress, obviously, but as a violinist in the band. This was another one of those things that was just too good to pass up. I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to share the stage with some pretty incredible musicians, and I’m seriously hoping we’ll get to perform it again soon!
- Hand lettering: My lettering has unfortunately been put on the back burner, but I’m excited to be getting more stuff out soon. Meanwhile, feel free to check out some of my stuff on Instagram.
So January has been busy and tiring, but in the best and most fulfilling way possible. I have loved getting to cultivate new relationships with people who I have gotten to just do life with.
It’s only a few days into February but I already know it’s going to be the same as January, if not even more packed with exciting things. I can’t wait to share them with you!
Have a lovely February!